One of my favorite things to eat during the summer is cold pasta salad. It’s refreshing and a perfect dish to bring over for summer parties since it is so easy to make. There are many different variations of pasta salads, but my all time favorite is a simple Mediterranean Pasta Salad. Here is my go-to Mediterranean Pasta Salad recipe.
What you’ll need
- 1 cont. of Cherry Tomatoes
- Kalamata Olives
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Feta Cheese
- 1 Can of Artichoke Hearts
- Ground Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Dried Basil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
1. First boil water and cook pasta. Once pasta is cooked place in refridgorator to cool.
2. Cut cherry tomatoes in halves. Lightly drizzle Olive Oil over tomatoes with Salt, Pepper and Dried Basil to taste. Place to side so that flavors have time to combine.
3. Dice Kalamata Olives, Green Pepper, Red Pepper, and Artichokes. Place in refrigerator to cool.
4. Place Cherry Tomatoes that were marinating onto a high heat pan. Allow Cherry Tomatoes to “blister” and cook enough to where the tomato skin is detaches from the tomato. Once ready place in fridge to cool.
5. Every pasta salad needs a dressing. Whisk together Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar. The ratio of Olive Oil to Red Wine Vinegar should be 3:1. Then add Dried Basil, Minced Garlic, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper to taste. Whisk together until mixed equally.
6. Take the pasta and vegetables from the fridge and add them all together. Add crumbled Feta Cheese. Pour Dressing over pasta salad and mix well.
7. Cover and place back into fridge until time to serve.
Herb and Garlic bread is a perfect side for this dish! I was in a rush so I grabbed a large roll of bread from the bakery section in the grocery store. I then covered the bread in Olive Oil and added a garlic herb seasoning . Place bread on a baking pan in the oven on a high heat until crispy.