Once I started Neaux La Gal, I immediately knew I wanted to include recipes not only from places that I love, but also my family’s recipes. Growing up food has always been a huge part of my family’s gatherings. There’s just something about sitting around a table together and sharing a meal. Every Sunday my dad will cook all afternoon so we can have a meal together that night. These Three Cheese Fried Raviolis are my all time favorite. I suggest cooking these when you have a good amount of time since, there it is a bit of a process (but a process that is definitely worth it!)
- 4 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1/2 cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning (to taste)
1. In an electric mixer, combine flour and salt together. Slowly add one egg at a time while electric mixer is still on. After adding the eggs, drizzle in olive oil.
2. Once dough is completely combined, place the dough on a clean surface sprinkled with flour. Knead the dough until it becomes flexible and smooth. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let sit for about 30 minutes.
3. While dough is resting, it is time to make the three-cheese filling. Add 1/2 cup of mozzarella, 1/2 cup of ricotta, and 1/4 cup of parmesan together. In a food processor, blend cheeses together. Add Italian seasoning to taste. Place cheese filling in fridge.
4. After 30 minutes cut dough in half. Once again you want to cover your workspace in flour so that the dough will not stick. Shape dough into a rectangular shape so that it will be easy to roll through the pasta machine.
Start the pasta machine setting at the widest setting. Slowly guide the dough through the machine twice. Now as you guide the pasta through the machine, you want to reduce the settings until you get to the smallest setting. Once you are done, the dough should be paper thin. Repeat this step to your other half of dough.
5. Now that your dough is ready, it is time to form the raviolis. We have a ravioli tray (similar to this.) Take your dough that you rolled out and place it over the ravioli tray. Then add your three-cheese mixture in the middle of each ravioli square. Next simply place your second half of dough on top.
6. Take a rolling pin and starting from the middle of the tray roll up and then down so that the ravioli dough is formed. From the bottom, carefully push out raviolis.
7. Press ravioli sides to make sure they are completely closed. Add raviolis to boiling water for about 6 minutes. Then transfer raviolis to an egg wash mixture.
8. Cover raviolis in bread crumbs, then place in fryer until golden brown. Just be careful not to overcrowd the fryer. I put two to three raviolis at a time.
Serving Suggestion: I served the raviolis with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. For a dipping sauce I added Alfredo sauce and Tomato Basil Sauce on the side. If you are eating this as a meal you can drizzle one of the sauces over the raviolis or if you are serving them as appetizers you can put them on toothpicks and have side dipping sauces!