Another delicious (and surprisingly easy) Super Bowl snack.
What you’ll need:
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 cup of Bacon
- 5 oz of Monterey Jack Cheese
- 5 oz of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg, 2 Tbls milk or water (for egg wash)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Finely chop Broccoli, Bacon, and Cheese. (Neaux La Gal tip: Use a food processor. You want the broccoli, bacon and cheese small they they stick together easily.)
- Mix broccoli, bacon and cheese together in a large mixing bowl.
- Grab a handful of mixture and roll back and forth in hands until you create a smooth round ball.
- Place balls into freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take out broccoli balls and roll into flour, dip in egg wash, and roll into bread crumbs.
- Fry in shortening at 375 degrees until golden brown.