Grilled or roasted, veggie kabobs are always the perfect side to any dish, especially at a barbecue. I’ve always been a huge veggie lover and this is one of my favorite ways to cook them. Eat these veggie kabobs for a light lunch, put them on top of a bead of lettuce for a salad, pull off the kabob and make veggie tacos, or just eat them as a side. The ways to eat these vegetable kabobs are endless.
Kabob Ingredients: Makes 7 Kabobs
1 8oz package of Portobello Mushrooms
1 Medium Yellow Pepper
1 Medium Red Onion
1/4 cup of Olive Oil
Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
Tablespoon Smoked Paprika
3 Tablespoon Lemon juice
2 Tablespoons Honey
3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 diced clove of Garlic
1 one inch piece of Red Onion (use a piece that you cut up for your kabob)
A pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste
**You will also need skewers for the kabobs, I personally prefer metal. If you prefer wooden sticks, make sure to soak them in water before using so that they do not burn.
1. Preheat oven on top broil.
2. Cut Zucchinis, Mushrooms, Bell Pepper, and Onion in about one inch slices.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Let sauce rest.
4. Thread Zucchinis, Mushrooms, Bell Pepper, and Onion onto metal kabob skewers.
5. Rest kabobs on top of a small shallow pan (allowing the metal kabob sticks to be the only thing actually touching the pan.)
6. Brush sauce mixture onto kabobs.
7. Place in oven for 10 minutes or until slightly charred. ( leave oven cracked open since it is on broil setting.)
Serve & enjoy.