Settling in our new home, cooking has become my ultimate go-to stress reliever. I’ve always loved cooking, but having our own place and cooking for the person I love makes it feel much more special and rewarding. But coming home and looking a gourmet meal every night is not realistic. Sometimes quick and easy is the way to go…but that does not mean that it can not be delicious. This Marsala Mushroom Quinoa dish is perfect for a healthy side for Thanksgiving or just a quick light dinner.
What you’ll need:
1 1/2 cup of Quinoa
3 Cups Chicken Broth (Light)
1 8 oz package of Mushrooms
1/2 Green Pepper
1/2 Red Onion
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasonings
1/4 Cup of Marsala cooking Wine
Black Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Follow the Quinoa directions. Depending on the Quinoa you purchased you may have to rinse the quinoa before cooking. Once ready, in a medium sized pot cook your quinoa in the chicken broth. (**Cooking your Quinoa in chicken broth gives the quinoa tons more flavoring.) Make sure to cook Quinoa until all liquid has dissolved in pot.
- While your Quinoa is cooking, slice your mushrooms and dice your red onion, green pepper and garlic cloves.
- In a medium hot pan, place vegetables into pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Saute vegetables for 3-4 minutes then add Marsala Cooking Wine and Italian Seasonings. Cook until wine is completely dissolved.
- Finish by adding all ingredients in the pot with your Quinoa. Mix thoroughly and top off with Fresh Ground Pepper. Enjoy.