“Easy” is an understatement, when it comes to this recipe. If you need a quick and delicious morning snack, this is it. Cinnamon rolls are one of those breakfast foods that I can only indulge in every once and a while. I decided to make these on a whim after being super indecisive on what I wanted to eat (which is a lot of the time). With some Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the fridge, I decided to add a bit of a twist.
Easy Mini Pecan Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel sauce.
What you’ll need:
- 1 package of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup of crushed Pecans
- 1cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- A Pinch Of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Open cinnamon rolls package and unroll each roll. Lay out each roll flat.
- Place pieces of crushed pecan sporadicly throughout the roll.
- Tie rolls into knots.
- Bake at 350°F 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Use your favorite caramel recipe, like this one caramel sauce
- After sauce is complete, drizzle sauce and a few more pecans on top of each roll.
- Then enjoy!
October is in full swing, which means everything and anything that is scented or edible now comes in pumpkin. But hey! I’m certainly not complaining. Williams- Sonoma’s Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Quick Bread is now one of my fall favorites. The recipe (which comes on the back of the bag) is quick, easy and delicious. Perfect for an impromptu fall get together.
Ingredients for Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Quick Bread:
- 1 Bag of Williams-Sonoma Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Quick Bread Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Pecans
- 1 Stick of Unsalted melted Butter
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting: 8 oz. Cream Cheese, 2/3 Cup of Sugar, 3 Tbs. of Unsalted Butter, 3/4 Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350° Grease loaf pan so bread will not stick
- In a large bowl mix together Quick Bread Mix, eggs, water, and melted butter.
- The recipe on the bag does not call for extra pecans, I added 1/2 a cup of pecans into the mix.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and leave in oven for about 55 minutes.
- While waiting for bread to bake, in a large electric mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, unsalted butter, sugar and vanilla extract for about 5 minutes.
- Once bread is done and completely cooled off, spread frosting over bread. I also added pecans on top of frosting. Enjoy!
With the 4th of July on Friday, I wanted to make one of my all-time favorite sweets, blueberry pie. Now I have done a lot of eating blueberry pie, but not much cooking. Cooking is one of my favorites things to do, but baking not so much. Instead of making one large blueberry pie, I decided to make mini blueberry pies. I took a shot at it and it ended up being delicious and surprisingly easy.
What you’ll need for the pie crust: Serves: 4 mini blueberry pies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 sticks chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
What you’ll need for the pie filling:
- 24 oz. pack of BlueBerries
- 2 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- I never made pie crust before, so I wanted to use a recipe. I used this simple pie crust recipe. The only thing I did differently in the recipe is step 3. After separating the pie crusts to make mini pies, I rolled them into small balls and put them in the fridge (instead of flattening them the dough out.)
- While my crust dough was in the refrigerator, I started making the pie filling. In a medium hot pot, I added my blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, and corn starch. Mix all ingredients together, and smash some of the blueberries while stirring. Leave the filling on a low heat until ingredients are thoroughly combined and have a pie filling-like texture.
- After one hour take out your pie crust from the fridge. Remember we’re making mini blueberry pies…so instead of using a large pie pan, use a cupcake pan (if you can find a large tin cupcake pan.)
- Butter the cupcake tin so that the blueberry crust will easily come out after baking. Place the crust dough into the tins and let bake for 20 minutes on 350.
- Once the dough is cooked thoroughly carefully take the crust from the tins.
- Carefully spoon the pie filling onto the pie crust. Lightly sprinkle sugar on top of blueberry filling.
- Serve and Enjoy!